One of the key roles of SIA is to promote the automotive industry as a career of choice for young engineers.
On Thursday 13 June, we give you the opportunity to meet with experts of the automotive industry, who will be pleased to share their knowledge and experience, and inform you about your opportunities at the beginning of your career.
►STUDENTS POSTER SESSION - Thursday 13 June / 9.00 > 13.00
FREE OF CHARGE for the students and their supporting lecturer
SIA invites students to participate to a Student Challenge called "Which Powertrain for an ultra-light vehicle ?"
In the context of CO2 emissions reduction, different fields are investigated: internal combustion engines efficiency improvements, downsizing, electrification, lightening of vehicles. In parallel with those developments, the trend towards new small vehicles that can only accommodate one or two people is growing. This leads to a significant decrease of the mass of these vehicles and also of the space available for the implementation of the powertrain.
The objective of this project is to study and to identify the best combination of the technological bricks of the market, to meet the specifications of this kind of vehicle, in compliance with standards and regulations.
- Conference type paper as a report (max 15 pages)
- 5 min presentation with a poster support
- 2 min presentation (“pitch” type / 1 slide) during the Plenary Session of the SIA Conference for the winner
► DOWNLOAD the paper template
Best student Poster awards
- Papers will be evaluated by a jury of powertrain experts about 3 weeks before the conference. The authors of the 6 best papers will be asked to give an oral overview of their poster to the jury in 10 minutes, on Thursday 13 June, from 8:00 to 10:00
- A trophy and a prize will be offered to the authors of the 3 best projects, during an award ceremony
- All the posters will be displayed in the exhibition area all day long and will be visited by many attendees at the conference. Students are expected to be available to explain their project to the conference attendees during coffee and lunch breaks.
► JURY MEMBERS ◄
Philippe BERNET, Renault
Omar HADDED, DSD
Hans NUGLISCH, Continental
Sébastien POTTEAU, EMC
Erwann SAMSON, Groupe PSA
registration and PAPER SUBMISSION PROCESS
- Registration to the Poster Session is FREE but compulsory. Deadline for registration : Tuesday 30 April 2019
- The deadline for paper submission is Monday 27 May 2019
- The authors of the 6 top papers will be notified by Friday 7 June 2019.
►STUDENTS FORUM - Thursday 13 June / 13.30 > 16.30
On Thursday 13 June afternoon, exhibiting companies will welcome you to their booths to discuss automotive industry's career opportunities.
You will have the opportunity to meet face-to-face representatives from the human resources department from different companies to discuss your career entry options and their job vacancies covering internships, student jobs, trainee programmes as well as immediate job opportunities.
With our dedicated SIA Powertrain App, you will be able to have direct contacts and make appointments with HR representatives.
SPECIAL OFFER !
The first 15 students to register will be invited by IFP School free of charge for the whole day, including the possibility to attend the conferences, to meet IFP School team on booth 34 and discover its industry-sponsored mobility-related Master degree programs, to have lunch with all the delegates and to participate to the afternoon Students Forum