- Category Technical paper
- Related event International Congress : SIA Powertrain - Versailles 2015 - 27-28 May 2015
- Edition SIA
- Date 05/27/2015
- Author S. Potteau, Y.Wu, J. Chicot, Y. Jin, P. Masson, F. Boudjemai, P. Maurel, D. Taccoen, K. Surbled, D. Fournigault - Valeo
- Language English
Type PDF file (1.03 Mo)
(Downloadable immediately on receipt of online payment)
- Number of pages 8
- Code R-2015-04-04
- Fee from 8.00 € to 10.00 €
Engine and vehicle electrification becomes a reality. However, when premium OEMs are targeting higher voltage than 12V to support their functions (i.e. 48V), most of the big volumes OEMs want affordable improved functions in order to provide fun to drive and fuel economy to their customers.
Valeo, as a Tier 1 supplier, is focusing on developing products for fuel savings at the right cost for his OEMs, therefore Valeo is still focusing on 12V network while working in parallel on 48V products.
Indeed, 12v still have a lot of potential improvements by using in a breakthrough manner this power supply.
This paper will be divided in 4 parts:
- What are the capabilities of a 12V network and what we need to improve/modify to get the full benefits of this network? Which 12V system for which benefit?
- Coasting function, with a special focus on the product and the benefits
- Evolution of the 12V alternator from high efficiency alternator to the iStars family
- Electrical boosting capabilities associated with an improved 12V network
This paper will be based on Valeo’s internal results on demo cars and also by system simulation.
Finally, a focus will also be given on the engine control strategies in order to drive and welcome those new features.
Conference proceedings and magazines are sent by post contrary to the PDF files, which can be downloaded as soon as the payment is completed.
They can't be ordered in the same shopping cart.